In India, No occasion is complete without Rice and Desserts, The Rich Combination of Rice and Milk can turn into a delightful recipe called “Phirni” (Rice & Milk Pudding) popular and traditional dessert in India loved by people of all age groups. It’s healthy food if given everyday to babies who just started on solids.
It’s easy to prepare as well as instant recipe which doesn’t need much efforts or does not require you to buy expensive ingredients from the market.
6 cups full-fat milk
6 tbsp sugar powdered
1/2 tsp cardmom powder (elaichi)
2 tbsp almonds and pistachio
- Blend the rice in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame.
- Add the rice paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, stir it continuously
- Increase the flame to medium and cook it for another 10 minutes, Keep stirring
- Add the powdered sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, Keep stirring continuously so it does not stick in the pan.
- Switch off the flame, add the cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with dried fruits.
PS – You can also add 4 threads of saffron in the boiling milk and Garnish this Dessert with Rose petals.